The gap between posts is a reflection on how manic life is at the moment and how much, as a fellowship, we have going on. To give you a flavour;
- Special ‘one service’ Sundays from the end of Nov all through Christmas, with loads of baptisms.
- Cantata, was preceded this year with an incident that blew the main front of house speakers. An electronic problem with a piece of faulty equipment caused the speakers to shriek so loudly that one of them almost fell off the wall. By the time you read this, hopefully, they will be repaired. Patrick did a fantastic job putting together the ‘jury-rigged’ system that we have all been using over the Christmas period.
- We have a long standing gremlin in the hall projector that is proving elusive to fix.
- The radio frequencies that we currently use for our radio mics are being gradually sold off to mobile phone companies for 5G. This week we took delivery of the first of many replacements we will have to make over the next few years.
- The new evening service programme is being planned and prepared for – see here for service details
Add to this church meetings, prayer meetings and training evenings and you will see how much has been done recently. Please pray for the tech team as we try to support the praise and worship team, and the church leadership…
Part of the problem is caused by our team running at half strength; which in an ideal world means we are looking for five new tech team trainees. People willing to watch and learn, coil cables and set things out. Please contact us if you are interested in shadowing for a few weeks.
Anyway, enough of that! Here are a couple of phone apps for you to have a look at.
- AA… thats the roadside breakdown service… If you are one of their 15M members, try our their new phone app. It can remind you when servicing and insurance are due and has a panic button in case you breakdown
- Fitbit… for those of us who have to watch our weight, the FB mobile phone app can use the phone’s GPS to track your activity and has a built in food log that you can use even if you haven’t bought one of their watches.
More to follow…..
As of 19th February, there is going to be a new focus for the evening services.
1st Sunday of the month. This service will include the sharing of stories about what God has done or is doing in people’s life’s. This will normally be in the form of an informal interview. The service will also include some sung praise, videos, prayer and a message from the Bible.
2nd Sunday of the month. The main focus of this service will be communion where we remember the death of Jesus. Communion will be central and the service will often include prayer, reflection, video, a short message and some sung praise
3rd Sunday of the month. This service will be a more contemporary service aimed particularly at the millennial generation. It will include a more contemporary worship style and message. The service will at times be interactive and use video, reflective images and drama.
4th Sunday of the month. As part of this service we will engage with a culturally relevant topic or follow a sermon series as we consider how the Bible speaks today. This service will also include some sung praise, videos and prayer.
The verse for LBC for 2017 is ….
2 Cor 5v7: “We walk by faith and not by sight.”
Our preoccupation up on the balcony, as you will realise if you have been listening to the notices recently, is people, or lack of them.
We first published this post in May 2015 and since then things have got worse not better ….!
We need 3…. Having three individuals on for each service allows us to do some training, keeps the stress levels down, and ensures we are prepared and ready to switch on when Rae stands up. Continue reading New Techies?
A date for the diary
Sunday Morning 4th December
Philippa Hanna is coming to Lossie Baptist Church for our 11 o’clock service
Fabulous News – 105 have already been taken! Our aim this year is to ill 200 so w ar over half way there. If you haven’t picked up a box yet why not take one next time you’re in the church.
So how do i get involved? Easy. Just follow the steps below…
- Please take a box and a leaflet
- Read teh leaflet. this explains how to pack a box and suggestions of what goodies to include.
- A drop off point will be set up in the crush hall from the 24th October onwards. Drop the completed box on the table by the 11th November.
- JOB DONE…
For more information on this amazing ministry, follow the link…
www.samaritans-purse.org.uk and if you have any questions contact Kate Wakeford
With Ch******* around the corner (12 weeks at time of writing) we are already planning a craft night at Kids church for November. If you have any spare buttons, bits of fabric, or odd socks (pref. clean) aboot the hoose we would gladly take them off your hands and create something amazing with them! Please leave any donations in the box marked Kids Church Ch******* Crafts in the crush hall.
Many thanks from the Kids Church Crew
Sunday 4th September
General director of the baptist union will be preaching at our services on the 4th September. The evening will be a combined baptist churches service.